Just by hydrating your skin, you can successfully treat many skin ailments. Natural oil sebum is secreted by sebaceous glands, but external and internal factors steal the moisture to leave the skin dry.
Instead of cosmetic creams, you can use jojoba oil as moisturizer. Unlike beauty products, jojoba oil and other natural oils are packed with essential vitamins that can enhance your skin texture.
According to Milady’s Skin Care and Cosmetic Dictionary, jojoba oil has been used for healing and beauty purposes for centuries. Even now this liquid wax has extensive use in cosmetic industries. But, unfortunately their beauty products use processed jojoba oil that lacks nutritional value and include chemical preservatives.
Jojoba Oil as Moisturizer
Properties of jojoba oil are identical to your natural oil sebum; this is why it is praised for its hydrating activity. It works just like sebum; it easily penetrates deep into the skin and tricks sebaceous glands to limit excess production of sebum.
- Vitamin E and B-complex housed in this carrier oil helps to reduce inflammation and thwarts free radicals that damage cell membrane. Skin disorders like acne, eczema, psoriasis, stretch marks and rosacea can be reduced effectively by topical application of jojoba oil.
- Non-comedogenic ability of jojoba oil unclogs blocked skin pores and helps to cleanse impurities off the skin.
- Antioxidants and iodine residing in the oil can effectively fight free radicals and bacteria, thus refrain acne breakouts. (1)
- Assorted nutrients housed in the carrier oil promote collagen production to speedup healing process and improve elasticity of the skin.
- Repeated use of jojoba oil can lighten scars and stretch marks.
- Wrinkles, fine lines and other aging signs on skin can be reduced by massaging with jojoba oil.
- Chemical ingredient makeup and beauty creams can be removed by cleansing property of this liquid wax.
- Emollient ability of jojoba oil forms a protective layer on the outer layer of the skin.
How to Use Jojoba Oil Face Moisturizer?
Increasing pollution and impurities pile over your sensitive skin, sebum, and dead cells accompany them by blocking skin pores.
To allow jojoba oil to penetrate, you must initially cleanse these impurities from the skin. I personally recommend gram flour mask to remove impurities. It’s not important that you must use gram flour just before using jojoba oil.
Cleanse with gram flour mask one day before and then wash your face with water before applying this liquid wax.
- Take organic jojoba oil in your left palm and evenly apply the oil over prewashed face.
- You can also use this carrier oil as a spot treatment on acne lesions.
- Leave it to dry naturally and rinse it off in the morning.
Optionally, blend raw honey, lemon juice with jojoba oil to treat acne and moisturize your face.
Carrier oil like jojoba oil is often mixed with essential oils for dilution. This liquid wax extracted from seeds of jojoba plant. It’s the perfect remedy for oily and dry skin.
Depending on your skin type, use jojoba oil as moisturizer thrice or twice in a week before going to bed.