Well moisturized curly hair steals the show. But, the same when you don’t pay attention will turn to brittle and kinky. Anecdotal reports show that regular use of jojoba oil for curly hair helped to get rid of frizzy look.
To change those kinky hairs into soft silky curls, you must take proper care. Unlike straight hair, curls don’t embrace the natural sebum from the scalp. As a result, they are often weak and hypersensitive. So you must provide something which resembles like sebum.
Jojoba oil is one such carrier oil which has similar molecular structure like sebum. This liquid wax is extracted from nuts of jojoba plant. Due to its exceptional nutritional properties, you can use it over skin, hair and nails.
Renowned for its hydrating and anti-inflammatory activity, jojoba oil can help you to treat scalp issues including dry, itchy scalp and dandruff. Chronic ailments like scalp psoriasis and eczema can be reduced by its topical application.
Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Curly Hair
- Like mentioned, sebum and this carrier oil has identical properties. Your scalp easily absorbs the oil and doesn’t become greasy.
- Antibacterial activity of jojoba oil thwarts bacterial infection like acne and psoriasis.
- Rich concentration of mono-saturated fatty acids and saturated fats penetrates deep into hair follicles and strengthen your curly hairs.
- Curly hairs are often weak and dry, jojoba oil hydrates them from inside and reduce hair fall.
- It improves elasticity and makes your curls soft and shiny.
- Blend it with essential oils and massage it over the scalp to improve blood circulation and hair growth.
- Emollient activity of this liquid wax helps to repair damaged hair cuticles.
Excellent thing about this oil is that you can use it daily and you’ll not feel greasiness.
How to use jojoba oil?
Take head-bath and pat your curls dry. When they are still damp, apply jojoba oil evenly on the scalp and hair. Alternatively, you can mix other essential oils with this carrier oil.
Mix jojoba oil with shampoo while taking bath. This won’t make your hair too dry.
Else, blend equal quantity of grapeseed oil with jojoba oil and apply it over your curls as conditioner.
Unrefined jojoba oil is packed with lots of nutrients compared to refined oil. Experts recommend going with unrefined jojoba oil.
Because of matching properties with sebum, jojoba oil is an excellent staple for your curls. This liquid wax controls excess oil production and prevents greasiness. With long shelf life you can use jojoba oil for curly hair.