Most people want to get rid of stretch marks out of cosmetic concern. Both men and women can get stretch marks at different parts of their body including tummy, buttocks, breast, upper arms and things.
According to nhs.uk, stretch marks fade with time and you don’t have to anything. But to fade unsightly stretch marks you’re advised to use creams, lotions and home available remedies. As cosmetic creams are packed with chemicals and processed ingredients, experts recommend trying natural home remedies like jojoba oil for stretch marks.
Raw or unprocessed natural ingredient are filled with nutrients and vitamins, though you must spend some time to prepare your own mask at home you can assure that it has no allergic or chemical ingredients incorporated. With homemade remedies you’ve no or very less side-effects.
Stretch marks appear due to three major causes, sudden weight gain or loss, puberty and during pregnancy. When you gain weight your body expands but the skin because of poor elasticity fail to expand and as a result middle layer of the skin tears at different parts that appear like streaks on outer layer of the skin.
Is Jojoba Oil Good for Stretch Marks?
Jojoba oil is extracted from nuts of jojoba plant. It’s a wax that exhibits identical property to your natural skin oil (sebum), renowned for treating acne, moisturizing dry skin and in reducing various chronic skin disorders. Its exceptional properties enticed cosmetic world to integrate this oil to their cosmetic products.
Because of its unique property when you apply it over the oily skin jojoba oil tricks the glands to produce less oil, thus control excess production of sebum.
- Assorted vitamins and nutrients residing in jojoba oil will enhance collagen production and improves skin’s elasticity. This can prevent stretch marks from appearing to some extent.
- Antioxidant agents housed in jojoba oil kill free radicals that damage skin cell generation. Along with this, its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties restrain bacterial infection and reduce inflammation.
- Along with fading stretch marks jojoba oil can be used to fade other scars and heal injuries over your skin. Nutrients in this carrier oil will exfoliate your skin and make it supple and glow.
How to Use Jojoba Oil to Get Rid of Stretch Marks?
It’s a bitter truth that stretch marks can’t be treated permanently. And there is no other home remedy or cosmetic cream that can help you to instantly fade stretch marks. Anyhow, exceptional properties residing in jojoba oil will lighten the appearance of lines over outer layer of the skin and along with it can help you to prevent future stretch marks.
Unlike cosmetic creams, this oil will penetrated deep into the skin and enhance cell generation, collagen production and improves over all skin functionality.
- Wash the affected part before applying any cream or homemade mask.
- Get pure jojoba oil from local store or through online, now take some jojoba oil in your palm and massage it over stretch marks.
- Optionally, add other essential oils like rose oil, tea tree oil and lavender oil.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Repeat the process regularly to see positive results.
Along with topical application you’re advised to include fiber, vitamin C and A rich food in your diet. Drink enough water and stay out of chemical creams, lotions and soaps, because they remove natural oil guarding your skin and make it dry.
- Avoid processed jojoba oil as they have less nutritional value.
- Make sure you don’t apply excess jojoba oil over the skin; it easily gets penetrated into the skin.
- Best time to apply jojoba oil for stretch marks is before going bed, because the oil may attract impurities if you apply it at day time.
- Avoid adding allergic ingredients with jojoba oil and stop using jojoba oil if it irritates.