Dark lusty hair makes you look gorgeous and confident. Like your skin, sebum hydrates your hair and scalp. Hereditary, stress, ailments and medical treatments results in hair fall. Vitamins and minerals make jojoba oil for hair loss an effective home remedy.
Jojoba oil is a liquid wax that resembles your natural oil sebum. Extracted from seeds of jojoba plant, it can hydrate and enhance hair growth. This Ayurvedic remedy is prominent and has no serious side-effects.
Your immune system mistakenly attacks hair follicles resulting in hair fall. Losing hair is not new; about half of the population loses hair by 50 years of age. However, few people may experience clumps of hair fall between the ages 25 to 30. Men may even have to cope with half-baldness before 40 years of age.
Both topical and internal remedies may improve this situation. In this article I’ll be discussing about jojoba oil and how you can use it.
Jojoba Oil for Hair Loss
Versatile nature of jojoba oil makes it easy to blend with other daily used hair products. To improve hair growth you can mix required amount of jojoba oil with shampoo or conditioner.
Below are few exceptional benefits of this liquid wax.
- Moisturizers your scalp: Dry scalp results in vigorous itching and dull hair. Hydrating ability of jojoba oil penetrates deep into the scalp and locks the moisture. Its unique sebum like property helps to control excess sebum production and aids in maintaining pH level of the scalp.
- Cleanse the scalp: Like your skin, scalp is exposed to various impurities. Also excess sebum production blocks hair follicles and makes your hair look oily. Besides controlling sebum production, jojoba oil will cleanse and unblock hair follicles.
- Improves blood circulation and restrain infection: Blocked hair follicles allure bacteria and fungi, which results in infection and brittle hair. Massaging with jojoba oil, will refrain infectious germs and stimulate blood circulation. Bringing new blood to hair will improve hair growth.
Using Jojoba Oil for Hair Loss Treatment
You can just cleanse and massage this liquid wax when the hair is still damp. Else, blend other essential oils to it.
Essential oils are highly concentrated extracts of plants, which is packed by nutritional and healing properties. Aromatic smell of these essential oils will relieve stress and has calming effect on your scalp.
- Cleanse your hair with natural hair cleansers. Here in India, we prefer reetha or soapnut berries. Antibacterial and anti-fungal activity this natural remedy will reduce dandruff and wipe impurities. (You can check the process here.)
- Blend 2 tbsp of jojoba oil with 5-10 drops of rosemary essential oil in a bowl.
- When your hair is still damp, apply this oil solution with your fingers.
- Make sure to massage effectively into the areas where you’ve more loss.
- Allow the vitamins and minerals in the oil penetrate into the scalp.
- Rinse it off in the morning.
Repeat the process twice per week to see best results. Natural remedies, unlike cosmetic treatments work from the root, so it may take 3 months to see positive results.
Due to its renowned anti-inflammatory, non-comedogenic and hydrating properties, often beauty products include jojoba oil to their products. But, as they also include chemical preservatives in their product, you can’t expect 100% natural treatment.
Are you ready to use this natural remedy on your hair? Share your views about using jojoba oil for hair loss in comments.