Every women dream of having natural beauty, but the products they use on skin is incorporated with chemical preservatives. Jojoba oil face mask is one of the natural oil that can enhance collagen production and make your skin radiant.
Special thing about this liquid wax is that it closely resembles sebum – human oil secreted by oil glands to protect the skin. Unlike cosmetic creams, jojoba oil penetrates deep into the without any side-effects.
This carrier oil has been used by Native Americans to soothe health and skin ailments. The oil is extracted from seeds of jojoba plant.
Why do you need oil?
There are many pricey creams and lotions that can make your skin supple (As they claim). So why do you need a natural oil?
Studies show that people who regularly use cosmetic creams to enhance their beauty can experience contact dermatitis. Doctors even asked to avoid such chemical ingredient lotions. (1)
Another study states that repeated use of beauty products will damage elasticity of the skin. In the same study, an old woman aged 65 washed her face regularly with rice water with no cosmetic lotions. Surprisingly, elasticity of this woman is better than a teenager who used cosmetic cream. (2)
Jojoba Oil Face Mask
Keeping your skin well hydrated in the main aspect of beauty routine. Natural essential and carrier oils are excellent way to moisturize your skin and keep infectious germs at bay.
Apart from skin, you can use jojoba oil to hydrate hair and cuticles.
- Vitamins and minerals in this liquid wax will enhance healthy functioning of the skin and hair.
- Vitamin E, B-complex vitamin, zinc, copper, selenium, iodine and chromium are included in this oil.
- Anti-inflammatory activity of this oil can effectively treat acne and lighten its scars.
- Antioxidant agents thwart free radicals and reduce fine lines.
- Non-comedogenic ability of jojoba oil helps to unclog skin pores and cleanse impurities from them.
- Dry itchy patches is the most common skin disorder, it can be removed by moisturizing property of jojoba oil.
Honey and Jojoba Oil Face Mask
Everyone knows about the healing benefits of honey. Its humectant, antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties can bring great change to your skin.
- Mash 8 strawberries in a bowl and add lemon juice (1 tsp), raw honey (1tbsp) and jojoba oil (3tbsp) to it.
- Cleanse your face with water or gram flour mask.
- Pat dry and apply this face mask evenly.
- Leave it to dry naturally and rinse it off after 15-20 minutes.
As a simple remedy, you can just apply jojoba oil and honey on your face.
Aloe Vera and Jojoba Oil
Aloe gel is prominent for healing and soothing allergic rashes on skin. Ailments like eczema, psoriasis, itching, dry skin and minor sunburns can be relieved by topical application of aloe gel.
- Mix 3 tsp of aloe gel and 1 tsp of jojoba oil thoroughly.
- Add 2 drops of any essential oil to the mixture.
- Wash your face and apply this homemade face mask on it.
- After 15-20 minutes, rinse it off.
- Preserve the glad jar with this mixture for future use.
Regular application of jojoba oil will reduce excess production of sebum and prevent acne break-outs. Use organic or pure jojoba oil, as it contains maximum nutrients in it.
Will you add jojoba oil face mask to your beauty regimen? Let us know.