Keep scientific benefits, sporting a beard makes your look more serious. But, very few people know how to use jojoba oil for beard growth. Read on to know.
It’s a liquid wax ester extracted from seeds of jojoba plant. Scientifically, this plant is known as Simmondsia chinensis, but it’s not associated with China. Jojoba tree extensively grows in Mexico and Southern America.
Why Beard Oil?
Like your skin and hair, beard must be moisturized. Regular application of beard oil will make your hair soft and well groomed. If you don’t moisturize or groom the beard regularly, itching and other skin ailments will trigger.
Nutrients in jojoba oil penetrate into the hair and stimulate hair growth. Apart from hair, this liquid wax will moisturize your face.
Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Beard
Pronounced “ho-ho-ba”, this liquid wax has non-comedogenic property, means it will not clog skin pores. Jojoba oil has been used for medicinal properties for centuries.
Even today, it cosmetic benefits are enticing. You hardly find any beauty product without jojoba oil as an ingredient.
- Due to internal factors, hair follicles are filled with sebum that may sometime prevent hair growth. Non-comedogenic property of jojoba oil pervades over the hair and unclogs hair follicles.
- Like skin, your hair is exposed to impurities and wind, which makes beard dry and frizzy. Moisturizing property of jojoba oil avoids dry hair and protects it from dryness.
- Unrefined jojoba oil is non-allergic and safe to use. You can blend argan oil with jojoba oil to make it more effective. Dead cells piled under the beard can be cleansed by regular application.
- Unlike synthetic beauty products, this natural liquid wax will strengthen hair from internally, so they won’t have breakage.
- Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activity of this oil thwart bacterial infection, reduce inflammation and fight free radicals that damage cell membrane.
- Vitamin E helps to get rid of dry skin and dry hair. Vitamin B also helps to retain the moisture over hair.
- Minerals like zinc, copper and silicon packed in jojoba oil can treat dandruff and other hair problems.
On the whole, jojoba oil is must if you want to maintain long beard. As a bonus, you can use this liquid wax over skin, hair and nails. Essential vitamins residing the oil can enhance overall functioning of skin and hair.
How to Use Jojoba Oil for Beard?
Take unrefined jojoba oil from store and apply it over dry beard and skin. Leave it to dry naturally.
- Before that it’s good to wash the beard to remove impurities. You can use normal soap or shampoo to cleanse it.
- Pat dry with towel.
- When the hair is still damp, apply jojoba oil evenly on beard.
- It’s good to apply before going to bed.
- Rinse it off in the morning with mild soap.
You can apply little jojoba oil after bath to keep the hair moisturized and well groomed.
Increase or decrease the quantity of jojoba oil if your hair or skin feels greasy.
You can apply jojoba oil over scalp before going to sleep, and then evenly apply it over beard.
As mentioned above, you can blend argan oil or coconut oil with jojoba oil for beard growth. Nutritional elements in these oils make it more effective.